Installing Mantid on Windows
The steps below will guide you through installation of Mantid on Windows:
- Download the latest version of Mantid from our website.
- Find the version of Mantid you previously downloaded. By default, it will automatically download to your downloads folder, which is located at: C:\Users\$USER\Downloads where $USER is your Windows username.
- Double click the installer and click Run.
- Go through the steps of the installer. Selecting Next at each stage. The default settings are recommended.
- Once you click Install the installation process will begin, and inform you when it is complete.
- That's it! Once the installation process is complete a MantidPlot icon will appear on your desktop, and in your start menu.
Note: the installer will look for the drive with the most free disk space, which may include external devices. Installing and uninstalling on these devices is extremely slow, and not recommended.